10/1/09

Alarming Thoughts....

When i woke up today to the sound of my cellphone buzzing somehwere under the pillows and sheets, a memory came back suddenly,a funny one. During my school years, I could never wake up in time for school. 630 a.m. was like "aaaargh!!yawn!! yawnss!!!". I remember getting up early sometimes even to study for an exam, covered in sheets. Winter was painful I remember.

Anyway, the getting up part was painful. Now its a different issue,I get up when I wanna. Back then I used to go to sleep with six or seven alarms all around my head,in strategic positions so that if one did get muffled by the pillow,I would hear some other one. 2 or 3 small alarm clocks, my digital watch(those were a craze then,with the stopwatch and the background light), Dad's cellphone(the huge antenna'd black ones from back then) and of course dad's wake up call which seemed to be the perfect and best way to get up. And i remember once what i did-there was a phase when i would somehow shut off all the alarms in slumber and get back to sleep again,I don't know how. So I rigged up something. I have this red coloured stereo player and a microphone. I connected the player to the plugpoint and attached the microphone. Setting the volume a bit o the high, I placed the microphone near the Cellphone speaker and the player at my head. So Technically I used one alarm to get up then in the morning. But the thing did work,I got up successfully. Every morning for a few days,the stereo would scream out the alarms and lo n behold!!! I was up!!! (^_^)

No comments:

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...