9/25/09

Shaptami 2009


I just spent the whole day at home basically. I slept all morning ,watched TV and hogged at home-fried rice n chilli fish. At around 5pm I simply couldn't take sitting at home anymore!!! I got dressed and stepped outside into the throng...yes...Babubagan has been pulling crowds this time cuz of its Pujo Theme...'DurgaBhobon'...watever that is. Anyway,I didnt have anything to do or anyone to go anywhere with. I called Sreerupa, having lunch. So wat i did was go to Abhirup's place. From there we decided to go to Ballygunge Cultural Association, to watch Neel da n dad perform.

On the way, we saw a weird thing, A small para pujo had its dhaakis playing in front of the pandal, and all the dhaakis were wearing football jerseys,socks and shorts, very unlike the traditional dhoti kurta they normally wear,n they were jumping all over the place as they played. this was the first time I have ever seen anything like this.Anyway,Puntu kaka n Tanaya kakima joined me there. N oh,Got to meet school seniors n rony n rohit da there..Felt wonderfully nice... (^_^) Anyway the show started around 715pm, we watched till around 745 pm,then left for
Maddox Square where dia n school ppl were waiting for us. On the way,Puntu Kaka stopped at this mishtir dokaan n said that he wanted to have this "chomchom" which was "famous" supposedly. Tanaya kakima made a face,"yeesh,biyer aage ekbar khaiyechilo, puro mone hoyechilo chaar chamoch chini khelam" !! :) At Maddox, I left them wid Dia and disappeared...

There was mud n 'bhepuus" n people screaming everywhere. Simi called,met her..she said, "i am feeling very sick,please come with me, I need to have food, CCd chol joldi"....that's what confirmed it...I said"ami jani keno tui jachchish baire"..She pressed on"keno bolto?" I said,"na an ulto palta bokchi...chol chol" and as we turned at the gate, there was the butterfly perched on the bamboo railings...*beams* I was surprised n happy n so many things suddenly at the same time...But i somehow knew it all along...that she would come. There had been too many hints all the way...But we did make our way to CCD,all of us...And in all of my excitement,i forgot the most crucial point-the puja menu at CCD, capitalist extortion that is...You will not get any normal stuff on Pujo days, they have all the overpriced stuff,which they overprice more with compulsory chocolate sauce and ice cream...We footed the bill at 360 bucks for 2 mere cups of coffee n a plate of cheese balls.Shit!!! Absolute pile loads of it!!! anyway...then it was dinnertime...I Bappa Ashin and simi went off to Azad Hind Dhaba for dinner....returning around 1230 in the night...

No comments:

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...