10/7/09

Blogging...

I have been blogging for around two years now. Initially when i started out,I didn't write much. I have phases and a lot of mood swings. I may sit down to write a post,click on new post and then write nothing at all. Or start to write out something that will go on and on,some random ramblings, and then decide it isn't appropriate for the blog at all.So I cancel the whole thing.

Till recent times,I had had a writer's block. But then suddenly I opened,I forced myself to write out Shashti and Shaptami events of this year's pujo. But the main inspiration for this phase of writing came from another friend's blog. I was reading her blog,discovering how similar we are-mood swings and phases, having a group of people really close to heart-they being the world to me, of how interesting food is. Of how Calcutta is my city,where I know nooks and crannys and how close it is to me. How the rain washed streets,Park Street, Dakshinapan,Don Bosco(my school),the "chhatim" flower's overpowering scent before the Pujos, the Pujos themselves, my friends and family who are there--how all of it are mine, not to be shared with anyone. These are memories that keep me going, the desire to go on, have a fulfilling life comes from these. I feel happy and contented but deep down there are worries for the future.But thats to come later,Serendipity, thats what will be.


I feel as if I am on this bus thats travelling miles,I wish it wouldn't stop. The cool breeze on my face would stop too,and I would have to stop eating the chocolates I brought up on the bus to eat as it travelled...

See,thats what it is. Did you notice?I gradually lost the thread of what i was actually saying,I wonder and think of so much.Whew!! Coming back...oh yeah, I have been blog
ging for 2 years now.But it isn't the same today. 2 years back it was time pass for me, a forum where I could let my emotions and feelings flow-And somehow I liked this forum better than pen and paper,when I type stuff flows. Yes I did have a diary once but this is what I have now....N I like it.Anyway...blogging is becoming commercial now. With Google Adsense,people are monetizing their blogs with advertisements. Its happening right in my college. Blogging is being promoted like anything.

As an internet tool. I think it destroys the whole concept of blogging. Blogging is where people are themselves,let themselves be on a regular basis,its about things they are interested in. But my complains will go nowhere. Everything is business. Starting from education to medicine. Then why let the blogs go too? Anything from where there is profit,where there is money. In the end its all about that.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

people will try to make money from whichever resource they get. whats wrong in that? we can still preserve the personal touch to our blogs by not monetising it.. yet publicising it! check my blog!

Mayukh said...

maybe so....but there are somethings that should be left as it is...yes,things do change....n this has too,we have no option but to go along with it....check my blog...

onlyzzz said...

I guess it all depends why you have the blog..and yes by putting in ads you can earn a little money-and for that you need not have to compromise on your emotional content...

Mayukh said...

who is onlyzzz?

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...