6/13/17

Interference

A million waves
interfering every day
my wave doesn't know its way.
It sees its matching color
and knows about the crossing points
but it doesn't play the game.

***
She sits with her dog
and watches the rain
sweep the city in a frenzy
and smiles for no reason.
Like a diamond crumb
found beneath the earth,
she's red, blue, green,
shining gold and silver.
She watches the world
as it succumbs to the storm
numbs the hustling feet
and takes a new form.
She likes this new world
where she can hear her dog breathe.
where her dog is scared of lightning
and not of random people on the streets.


I stare at that photograph of hers for a long time.
I wanted to watch the cleansing with her and her dog.
How an entire world was connected in the most disconnected sense.
Could it be one of those days where things seem to click?

***
The rains cleared the air,
maybe my wave will find its way today.
So I dial- it rings three times and then there's a hesitant "Hello?"
I take a deep breath and dive off the cliff,
Other sounds of the world drown out in the roar of air,
And hit the water- Interference will give way to liberation slow.

No comments:

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...