6/12/17

Hollow

Tracks close and separate
the scenery changes.
Time flicks the light switches
we missed our destination.

Now we are somewhere
we've never heard of,
they speak a different language
we'll just wait for another train.

We sit on two ends of an hourglass
knowing there's no escape.
You don't want sand on me
I don't want the sand on you.
But we drown in turns
then breathe in gasps.

I see the train far away
we still have half our plans,
we'll get away
and then go home hollow.

We'll always be on two ends of an hourglass.
You won't want sand on me
I won't want the sand on you.
But we'll drown in turns
then breathe in gasps.

No comments:

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...