9/5/11

The Traitor

Never did he falter on his way
A little school boy carrying a yellow balloon on Sundays
The ruffled hair, eyes taking in everything
Surprised and confused yet knowing in a way
Contented in his troubles
Consumed by the population
It was always his renditions
Which got him through the days.


Sunlit kid, wont u look at me once?
Turn your eyes back one last time?
Let me see the eyes for a moment.
Where have u waded in your sorrow?
Seeping memories don’t last forever
Sleeping ones do, from beneath the earth.


When the wind blows that fringe over your forehead
I am reminded once again
Of the little boy I lost somewhere.
I killed you and you killed me again and again.
No wrong was left to right.


As the last bird flew away
And the guns echoed their fearful roars
I watched as you finally turned to me.


The crowd screamed their satisfaction
While I watched the balloon rise to the clouds.
The green on the other side welcomed you as you sank in the pool of red.
Helpless,
Breathless,
Expressionless.
A single tear licked my nose as I steered my sight to the skies above.


A small pool of light fell on your ruffled hair,
Brown glinted off it while your eyes stared and stared.
With practiced steps, the mechanical whores
Scooped you up and laid you bare.
The trumpet marshaled triumph
The people cried in joy.
The traitor, a hole in his head
The nation couldn’t spare.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sasson hobi na OWEN ????

its gr8....

Mayukh said...

if only i knew who u were. :P

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...