8/4/11

It's Alright


This one's for a friend:


Its a mystery is what it is
Not being in the light
Its just flashes in erratic fits
and again the unending fight.

She would never tell me, Amelia
And I kept wondering what was wrong.
It was always those sad eyes
hidden behind the sparkly pretty laugh.
It was never really out there
But I kept wondering what was wrong.
True enough
I am not entitled to know
But such sadness has a charm to it.
But I shouldn't give the word charm to it,
for the sadness in all of it.

My heart yearns to take her hand
and tell her it's alright
But I know she wouldn't ever listen to me
And disappear back into the night.
Erase all the statues you want,
storm the world tonight,
Make sure there's no one but you
In the clustered limelight.

You are strong,but yes sometimes wrong
But all of us are the same in here, Amelia.
Direction is hope,never lose your sight
remember us all,standing by your side.
I wish you'd be who you were before;
not someone, someone else cared for.

Stop a while will you friend?
Tell me your world is right again.
But the dark about you is your light
You'll never give up without a fight.

No comments:

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...