3/20/11

Silent Hopes

Eyes open, thoughts aloud
Rainfall pattering on the roof
Stares blank with open palms
While nothingness stares back at him.

Everyday, the tranquil morn,
Noiseless midday skies entrance him
The heartache of dusk, the suffocating night
Stirs something inside him.

“Is there hope anymore?
I am tired of being where I can’t live anymore
My lies, my faults make me repent
Make me yearn for a silence I could never endure.”

Wishes float countless in my heart now
Hopes that’ll always remain unfulfilled
Longings for a better place without all the noise
So that I, mankind, could have lived on still.

1 comment:

Saptaparni said...

a very nice framework of thoughts....
the silence, the rain, the hope...wonderful altogether.!

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...