2/5/15

Catching The Butterfly

The sun glinted gold
Off mountain peaks white
The monk in red sat still
While the blue streams gurgled past him.
The sun glinted gold
Off sand dunes white
The wind stole my red cap
While the blue oceans crashed and spilt.

Forty thousand words and not a single sound
Could help me escape this other world
Where children stay happy
And adults tend to mould
Into people they would never be
Knowing secrets they’ve never known
Into people who would always smile
Whenever their stories are told.

I am not sure what’s going to happen.
It might be a little too late.
It might not be the correct time even
To start out on a clean slate.

So I must keep up the hope,
I must keep dreaming my dreams,
I must break through the shadows
Until I find the right words to sing.




No comments:

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...