10/6/19

The importance of getting suckerpunched

The importance of getting suckerpunched is a many tentacled octopus. It is dangerous but it allows you to understand what feeling out of breath means so you can appreciate the air that you breathe in more.
For years, my posts have been about how I feel like the victim all the time, always on the end of a super suckerpunch from life. Truth is, it's because I am scared. I am always on my toes about anything I do and that somehow tilts into me getting punched in the throat and my gutless gut. I tried the other way, not to be scared and just being there for everyone, being polite, doing things for people, just putting myself out there. Bam, Suckerpunch to the throat and my gutless gut.
Then I tried something else - opening up about it. Boy, that doesn't seem to have helped. There was another followup suckerpunch to that.
Hence, I'll fall. Take it as it is and go down and not get up.
There's no ways to it anymore.


No comments:

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...