1/3/19

God helps those who helps themselves

I spilled some milk today. Bending down to wipe it up, I found a tiny ant upside down struggling to get up on it's feet just where the refrigerator and the wall met. It was one of the red ones that stung,
unlike it's ticklish black cousin. How did it get there? I didn't see any other ones around; they were usually in a bunch. I held out my finger to it's legs clawing wildly at the air. It's legs found something finally and it grabbed on. I turned my hand and it scurried across my palm towards my wrist. I put my hand on the floor to guide it towards the ground. And just before moving across the pinky to the floor, it stopped where the finger started, right between the knuckles and stung me graciously.
There was no looking back, it was dead within a second from the slap that ensued.

No comments:

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...