10/23/10

The Lion's "Tail" (tale)

I hung a lion by its tail today.
As I did it, he roared and almost pawed the air away.

The lion was a twit as I had thought.

Easier than the plan he got caught.

It took him a while to realize that he had been tricked.

But by that time I had had him by the whip.

To let it go would be such a waste.

I could get a life if it stayed that way.

This was an option that hadn't clicked before.

In an instant opened my career's door.

I would show him off to the world.

Go everywhere with it till I was bald.

Who would have seen a lion like this?

Tied by the tail, its hard to miss.

All that crap school, colleges had taught.

Till now seemed to have got me naught.

Piggyback the lion, I would go far and wide

Known as the man with the iron hide.

My parents would be proud,as would my friends

New careers would open up again.

Now I start,with a smile and a twitter.

The lion,my gold, is all that glitters.

2 comments:

Anirban said...

you never fail to amaze me

Firoz said...

ja bolechis ...." I Think I babble way too much!! "...age funky fishes ..r ekhon 'tails' of lions'..u belong to the jungle my friend!!!!! ki jeno boi tar naam chilo...ahh yes! ..the CALL OF THE WILD..tor jonno e lekhaaaaaaa!!!...catching lions' by tails' ..not a bad occupation kintu..!

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...