9/2/15

Coldplay

I think I will cry if I ever get to see this band perform live. Don't ask me what would happen if I got to meet any of them.
My life has become Coldplay. Everywhere.Everything. Everytime.
If I could, I would write the lyrics of each of my favourite songs in my blog.
I discovered a new song by the band today,titled Gravity. I do not know how I have not heard the song before. But I think it's my second favourite song after Fix You now. I have been on a loop with the song the whole day now. For some reason... the song makes me feel a lot of things all at once but I really do not know what these feelings are. I just know that there's a lot of feels in this song.
With each album, the songwriting changes,twists,turns and amazes like crazy. The last album seems to be more of storytelling than songwriting. And for some reason I feel each song transcends into the next one on the album.
There are songs by the band that are not on the popular list of Coldplay songs but are gems of their own kind. I have never heard a band so consistently beautiful. I think they are one of the main reasons I still do music. The highs and lows of each song, of each album is a fantastic ride.
My favourite songs by Coldplay are Fix You, Gravity, Amsterdam, and I am already lost about the rest....can't really pick one anymore. Favourite album has got to be Ghost Stories without doubt. The songs are beautiful. Each song more beautiful than the previous one.
Chris Martin was in India a few months back and performed randomly to a crowd in a cafe in New Delhi.I don't think I have ever felt such jealousy, sadness and all the negative emotions possible at the same time.
Every word of every song is a gem. The way the words are woven together is like magic that I have come to know only second to Leonard Cohen. But for me, Coldplay songs have tunnelled ahead of Leonard Cohen songs.

No comments:

Scared and Safe

 It seems like I go through these sine waves of anxiety and determination. I ride out the waves differently of course. It seems like the anx...